Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

"We will open the book. It's pages are blank. We are going to put the words on them ourselves. The books is called Opportunity and the first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edit Lovejoy

I can hardly believe it is 2012! Where did 2011 ago? In laughter, in tears, in too many memories to name. I really can't believe I'm sitting here in Mozambique. It brings me a since of peace that I can't really explain. Last night as we set off our own little mini fireworks show and I held Mingolas close because he was a little timid about all the noise, tears came to my eyes. I couldn't help but thank the Lord for safe passage to a new year and the wonderful possibility of the year that lay before me.

My friend Alice says it's the year of "restoration." I like the sound of old things being restored and long-ago prayers being answered. I like the sound of closure that restoration brings. I am ever so excited to place last year's book on a shelf, knowing the final chapter has been written and I can return to it now and then to remember the lessons learned and the victories one.

As someone who loves to write, I am even more excited about this new book that is about to begin. There is something so - hopeful and wonderful - about a blank page. Anything can go on that page.....there are endless possibilities.

I know that if I wrote this story alone, it would go differently than it should. I also know if I don't write this story it will go differently than I want at times. But, I've trusted the Author so long, it is without hesitation that I hand the pen and the book over to Him. I trust that He will write a much better story than I ever could. I trust that He will write the story that will matter most. I trust that He has bigger dreams than I do.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Amen, Jennifer, His hands can be trusted without a doubt - so glad you live that!